1. Help Center
  2. Payroll
  3. State Payroll Registration

Alaska- New Company Registration

New Company Registration for Alaska

Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development (AKDOL)

State Unemployment Tax (UI) Registration Steps: 

Any person, firm, corporation, or other type of organization for some portion of a day has employed one or more persons is required by law to register

1.   Create a username and password and register for AKDOL Account Number

  • Go to https://my.alaska.gov/
  • Select register for myAlaska Account
  • Create a Username or password and security questions and answers
  • Ensure you have all information needed for registration including knowing your NAICS
  • Select Start Registration
  • Complete registration

Update your Eddy account with your Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development (AKDOL). Your account number is required for all Alaska interactions to ensure your account is accurate

Please call the AKDOL at 907-465-2757 or email: esd.tax@alaska.gov with any questions.  For assistance with myAlaska account (866) 377-0126. Additional information is available from their employer tax handbook.  

Power of Attorney Required 

You will also be asked to complete Alaska AKDOL Power of Attorney
  • Eddy cannot file and pay on your behalf if this is not completed
  • Alaska requires POA to be notarized
  • Once this POA is completed and notarized, send back to Eddy immediately

Note: Alaska does not impose a state income tax



This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.