New Company Registration for Arizona
Arizona Department of Revenue Registration Steps:
- State Withholding Income Tax
- State Unemployment Tax (UI)
As soon as you begin business in Arizona, you must register your Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) and Arizona Department of Revenue (DOR).
Employers who pay a total of $1,500 or more in gross wages in a calendar quarter or reach the 20th week of employing 1 or more individuals for a full or partial day within the same calendar year are required to withhold on unemployment compensation.
1. Register your EIN on AZTaxes website
- The Arizona Joint Tax Web Application is used to apply for transaction privilege tax, use tax, and Employer Withholding and Unemployment Insurance
- Click “Enroll to File and Pay Online” under Businesses.
- Read the information listed on the User Account Registration Welcome page and click “Continue”
- Complete the required fields annotated with a red asterisk
- Click “Register”
- You will receive two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. The first email will contain your username, and the second will provide a temporary password. If you do not find these emails in your inbox, please check your spam folder. This password expires after 24 hours. If you cannot locate either or both of these emails, please call the Arizona Department of Revenue toll-free at 800-352-4090.
2. Setup Your E-Signature PIN
- Log into AZTaxes using the username and temporary password provided in the email
- After logging in using your personal password, change your temporary password to a password of your choice
- Answer four security questions and submit
- Create a self-selected E-Signature personal identification number (PIN.)
3. Link accounts to your username
- Go back to AZTaxesusing your username and password
- Click on “Business Account Linking”
- Complete the required fields, enter PIN and submit
- The linking process can take up to 24 hours for completion.
Update your Eddy account with your Arizona Employer Identification Number. Your Arizona EIN is required for all Arizona Department of Revenue and Arizona Department of Economic Security interactions to ensure your account is accurate. Please call the Arizona Department of Revenue toll-free at 800-352-4090.
This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.