New Company Registration for Connecticut
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS)
State Withholding Income Tax Registration Steps:
1. Register for a tax registration number and create a username and password
- Go to myconneCT online center
- Under Business Registration, click on “New Business/ Need a CT Registration Number”
- Review items needed to register and click next
- Under reason for registration, select “Requesting a Connecticut Registration number/Opening a new business”
- Before you complete the registration, you will also be required to create a username and password to log on to myconneCT portal
- Once you submit, print your confirmation page for your records
2. Obtain your Connecticut Tax Registration Number
- Go to myconneCT portal and sign in
- Your Connecticut Tax Registration Number is located in the top left corner of the window.
Update your Eddy account with your Connecticut tax registration number. Your tax registration number is required for all CT Department of Revenue interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
If you have any questions regarding this process, contact a representative at 877-729-6691. MyconneCT also provides step by step tutorials for additional assistance.
Connecticut Department of Labor
Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) Registration Steps:
All employers of one or more persons (full or part-time) must register by filing an Employer Status Report.
1. Register for Connecticut Department of Labor Registration Number
- Go to ReEmploy CT website
- Click Create an Account
- You will then be directed to the ‘New User Sign Up’ screen. On this screen: Review instructions and click “proceed”
- You will then be directed to the ‘Create User ID and Password’ screen. Click yes to “Have you engaged employees in Connecticut”
- A ‘Successful Registration Confirmation’ message will then appear. Click on the Access your account now button to verify your email. Enter FEIN number and proceed and complete registration
Complete the account verification process. Within 5-7 business days, you will receive an official notification letter, by mail, of your registration with the agency.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call the Employer Status Unit at (860) 263-6550. Update your Eddy account with your Connecticut Department of Labor Registration Number. Your Labor registration number is required for all Connecticut tax interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
Connecticut Paid Leave Authority
Paid Family and Medical Leave Registration Steps:
1. Create an account with CT.gov
- Before you can register for an account you must create an online account
- Go to CT Paid Leave website
Click “create an account”
Create a username and password
After you press submit, you will receive an email with a verification code to verify the email address you provide during the account creation process. You need to do so within 15 minutes of receipt.
2. Register your business with the CT Paid Leave Authority
Go back to CT Paid Leave website
Click the get started button
Review information needed for registration
And select the register button
Complete all 5 steps for registration
Confirm you receive an email confirmation
If you have any questions regarding this process, you may contact customer support online. Additionally, a step-by-step registration tutorial is available. Your account number assigned will be the same as your federal identification number.
This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.