Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR) State Unemployment Tax (UI)
Once wages are paid, employers should register with the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation. You will not be allowed to register more than 30 days in advance of your first anticipated payroll.
The steps below outline how to create a username and password for the State of Nevada Unemployment Insurance Employer Self Service (ESS) system.
- Go to DETR Employer Self Service (ESS) site
- Click on “new user registration” on the top right corner
- Under drop down, select employer
- To complete the full registration process for a new Employer, Select no
- Click “submit”
- Review the items required for registration and click “register now”
- Enter contact info and set up a username and password and click next
- Review the ESS user registration page and submit
- After a few minutes, you will receive a message that your user account has been created
- You will be prompted to set up security questions and answers and click submit
- You will see a brief message that your security profile has been successfully created, after which you will be automatically returned to the "Employer Login" screen
- Enter username and password to complete business registration
- Enter FEIN and complete remaining registration questions
- You will receive a confirmation page with your employer account number
- Print and save page
Update your Eddy account with your Nevada Unemployment Employer Account Number. Your DETR Employer Account Number is required for all Nevada interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
For additional help with registration, call the UI Tax help desk number (866) 429-9758 and the Employer help guide is also available.
Setting up the Third Party Administrator Access
- Log into ESS and/or navigate to your “Employer Summary” screen.
- Click the Maintain Users link from the left hand menu. Then click the User Information link.
- Click the Add button to the right of the “External Account Authorization (Reporting Services)” section
- Click the Search link to search for the Reporting Service (you must search for the name – you will not be able to type in the Reporting Service Name field).
- Enter “Check” name in the Agent Name field and click the Search button
- Click the Select
- In the Auth Level field, select the ‘ESS Agent’ option
- Read the “Important Information” and click next
- A message indicating that the new user has been successfully added will be displayed
Note: Nevada does not impose a state income tax
This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.