1. Help Center
  2. Payroll
  3. State Payroll Registration

New Hampshire- New Company Registration

New Hampshire Employment Security State Unemployment Tax (UI)

Once wages are paid, employers should register with the New Hampshire Employment Security. You will not be allowed to register more than 30 days in advance of your first date of employment.

How to register for a New Hampshire Employer Account Number:

  • Go to NHES website website
  • Review information needed to register
  • Click next
  • Agree to electronic transaction and click next to complete registration steps
  • A Determination of Liability will then be mailed if applicable within 7-10 days with your state account number
  • A registration code will also be sent to you along with your New Hampshire Unemployment Employer account number via mail.  This must be provided to Eddy in order for Check to efile returns
  • Once you receive your account number and registration code, you can then create a username and password

How to create a username and password

  • Go to NHUIS website  
  • Select “Register to create an employer account”
  • Enter your employer information requested and click next
  • Complete contact info and username and password
  • Complete security questions and answers and submit

Update your Eddy account with your New Hampshire Employer Account Number. Your NHES Employer Account Number is required for all New Hampshire interactions to ensure your account is accurate.

Please call the NHES at 603-223-6100 for assistance with registration or with any questions.  Additionally, NHES offers a web tutorial to help set up username and password at NHES website.

Third-party Administrator (TPA) access

Employer must provide check with their registration code received via mail from the agency in order for Check to make payments on their behalf.


Note: New Hampshire does not impose a withholding on payroll income tax




This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.