Ohio Department of taxation State Withholding Income Tax
Create a username and password and register for a Ohio employer withholding account number
- Go to Ohio Business Gateway
- Click on Log In
- Click on Create Account
- Enter email address and contact information
- Create a username and password
- Select a preferred password recovery method
- Click create account number
- On success page, click on continue to the Ohio Business Gateway button to be directed to onboarding process
- Complete business registration
Registration confirmation letter will be sent to you with your account number.
Update your Eddy account with your Ohio employer withholding account number. Your withholding account number is required for all Ohio interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
If you need assistance, please call Business Registration including Employer & School District Employer and Sales & Use Taxes: (888) 405-4089. Additionally, a step-by-step tutorial is available at the bottom of the page under FAQS.
Third Party Access
Eddy will send a request to gain access to your account via the Ohio Business Gateway. This is required in order for Eddy to file and pay on your behalf. An email will be sent to you requesting access to your business account. A filing administrator will need to log into your Ohio Business Gateway and grant Eddy access in the service area and transaction level permissions.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services State Unemployment Tax (UI)
Create a username and password and register with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services taxes
- Go to The SOURCE: Ohio's New Unemployment Insurance Tax System
- Click on Employers
- Click under “register for an account”
- Review information required for registration
- Enter Captcha security information and click next
- You will be in the state registration portal
- Create a Username or password and validate
- Complete remaining steps for registration and review and validate
Update your Eddy account with your Ohio Unemployment Employer Account Number. Your Ohio Employer Account number is required for all Ohio interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
Third Party Access
- Employer must assign Eddy as TPA
- Log into the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC)
- Select Account Maintenance on left side of screen
- Select Agent Assignment icon
- Click Add Agent
- Enter Check Agent ID# 6000013738 and click search
- Under Assign roles, select - wage submission and payment submission
- Enter Access began date with the first day of the quarter in which Check withheld taxes
- Do not enter an end date
- Click save
How-To videos are available for additional assistance.
Ohio Local Agencies Local withholding income tax
Many cities require local tax withholding on individuals and firms conducting business within their jurisdiction. To learn about your requirements in this area, begin by contacting the city/county government where your principal place of business in Ohio will be located. You should also check with each city/county government where you intend to transact business or have a business presence.
The Ohio Department of Taxation website provides additional information on local taxes, local agencies and online tools. The Ohio Finder tool located on this website can assist with providing local tax and agency information.
Ohio has a few large collection agents which manage the collection of local taxes for numerous cities. We have provided a list of the largest collectors below, as well as a link to the City of Cincinnati.
As an employer you are responsible for registering in each applicable locality and providing that local withholding ID number to Eddy for payment and filing. Update your Eddy account with your Ohio Local ID number(s). Your Ohio Local ID number(s) is required for all Ohio interactions to ensure your account(s) is accurate.
This guide does not contain legal or tax advice. If legal or tax advice is required, an attorney, CPA or tax adviser should be consulted.